Now that I have your attention I am sure you are thinking it can’t possibly be that easy… but it is! By incorporating these 5 things in your daily routine you can loose 5lbs in 1-2 weeks.
1. Find out how much you need to eat in order to loose weight. You can not know how to loose weight if you have know idea how much you should be eating. If you are not sure how to do this there are online formulas where you can punch in your information. You will need your age, height, current weight and activity level. It will then give you a general number to aim for when tracking your daily calories.
2. Make sure you eat protein every 4-5 hours. If you are a women aim for about 4 ounces or about 30 grams. An example day would look like this:
6:30 Am, Breakfast
11:30 Am, Lunch
3:30 Pm, Snack or Meal
7:30 Pm, Dinner
3. Stop with the juice cleanses, low carb, sugar free, protein shake, isogenic, appetite suppressant NONSENSE that promises extreme, fast weight loss. There is no reason why anyone needs to take any powders, shakes, pills or go to extreme dieting lengths such as no carbs in order to loose weight!!!!! If you think you need to do any of the above in order to loose weight you either:
Have not worked with someone who knows the human body.
Your metabolism is fried from the years of chronic dieting; Which even more so means a stable and consistent diet is what is needed in order to reset your metabolism.
You are using your busy life, kids, full time job, age, money or fill in the blank; As an excuse as to why you can not make a few lifestyle, dietary and fitness changes in order to achieve the results you are really looking for.
4. Sit down and figure out how many days a week you can commit to exercising. If you are doing 0-6 days right now, (0 being the usual), do not make 6 days your goal. It is unnecessary and very discouraging on the weeks you do not make it to the gym or don’t finish the whole 6 days. Your goal should be a bit of a challenge and also realistic with what is going on in your life right now. I tell everyone to do a minimum of 3 days a week, spaced out. For example Sat, Tuesday, Thursday.
If you are already doing 2-3 days then commit to 4 and so on. The same goes with the length of training. If you are just starting out 30 minutes is sufficient. If you are dying at the end of 30 minutes but have been training 2x a week, at 30 minutes for the past year, its time to graduate. The next reasonable step would be 4x a week at 45 minutes or 3x a week at an hour. I promise your body will catch up.
5. Keep a detailed journal of everything you eat. At the end of the week look back and reflect on your progress. What were your good days, what days did you have difficulty? Keeping a journal of the type of food you ate, what time you ate, how you felt before, during and after you ate, will give you insight as to what is going on. If you notice every day at 5pm you are exhausted and reach for a cookie, what steps could you take to ensure that doesn’t happen the following week? In the evening do you walk through the door and open a bottle of wine to wind down? If so, what other activities could you do to help center yourself that could save on calories and still help you relax? Perhaps a 5 minute mediation, breathing exercises or a bath.
Be sure to let me know how these tips worked for you in this coming week. Email me below or connect with me on Facebook!
Remember consistency is key!